首页 > 商务英语 > 商务口语 > 牛津商务英语交际口语教程 Unit 02 Getting to know each other 相互认识 (练习 1)MP3+字幕

文章详情

牛津商务英语交际口语教程 Unit 02 Getting to know each other 相互认识 (练习 1)MP3+字幕

Language knowledge

语言知识

Exercise 1

练习1

Listen to some extracts of people making small talk. Decide whether the dialogues are successful or not. If they are successful, what topic produces some common ground?

听人们聊天的片段。判断聊天是成功还是失败。如果成功,是哪些话题引发了共识?

Extract one

录音选段一

A: Where do you come from?

A:你来自哪里?

B: India.

B:印度。

A: Oh,whereabouts?

A:哦,在什么位置?

B: The south.

B:南部。

A: Interesting. Which city?

A:有趣。哪座城市?

B: Madras.

B:马德拉斯。

A: Oh, I see …and is your family here with you?

A:哦,我知道了…那你的家人和你在一起吗?

B: No.

B:没有。

A: So you left them at home?

A:那么你把他们留在家里了?

B: That's right.

B:是的。

A: I suppose that must be very hard for them.

A:我想这对他们应该很艰难。

Extract two

录音选段二

A: Where were you brought up?

A:你在哪里长大?

B: In Greece, actually. But my parents are Danish.

B:实际上在希腊。但是我的父母是丹麦人。

A: That sounds complicated.

A:听上去很复杂。

B: Not really. My father had a job as an adviser to the government.

B:并不。我父亲是政府的顾问。

A: So, did you go to school there?

A:那么你在那里上学吗?

B: Yes, I did. It was an international school and we had to speak English.

B:是的。在那里的一所国际学校,我们说英语。

A: Your English is very good.

A:你的英语很棒。

B: Thanks. In fact, I use it all the time in my current job.

B:谢谢。实际上,我现在的工作也整天说英语。

A: What do you do?

A:你是做什么的?

B: I'm a pilot… you know, on a commercial airline.

B:我是飞行员…在一个商业公司。

A: Really? My brother is training to become a pilot.

A:真的?我的哥哥也在接受飞行员的训练。

B: Oh? Where's he training?

B:哦?他在哪里受训?

Extract three

录音选段三

A: What do you do for a living?

A:你做什么工作?

B: I'm in banking.

B:我在银行上班。

A: Oh, what sort of banking?

A:哦,什么类型的银行?

B: Foreign exchange transactions.

B:做外汇交易的。

A: I see. And have you always been in that line of work?

A:我明白了。你一直做这份工作吗?

B: Yes, I have.

B:是的。

A: Personally I've changed my career twice already. I started out as a dentist, but I decided that people's teeth didn't really interest me, so I moved on to become a salesman for one of the big pharmaceutical companies. After a while I couldn't stand it, and now I've set up a garden centre just near here.

A:就我来讲,我已经换过两份工作了。我开始是牙医,但是人们的牙齿并未真正的吸引我,所以我转行成为一家大型制药公司的销售。不久我无法忍受这份工作,现在我在附近建造了一座园艺中心。

B: I see.

B:我知道了。

A: Right, well, I suppose I should think about going soon.

A:好的,那么我想我应当考虑中心运营的事情了。

Extract four

录音选段四

A: Are you married?

A:你结婚了吗?

B: No.

B:没有。

A: So, I don't suppose you have any children?

A:那么我就不会假设你有孩子了?

B: Well,... not that I know of. What about you?

B:那个…据我所知没有。你呢?

A: Yes, I'm married. We've got two boys.

A:是的,我结婚了。我有两个儿子。

B: And how old are they?

B:他们多大了?

A: One's five and the other one's three. They're a real handful.

A:一个五岁,另一个三岁。正是麻烦的年纪。

B: I bet. Rather you than me. I know I'd have to give up climbing if I had kids.

B:我猜也是。你比我强。我想如果我有了小孩就得放弃登山了。

A: You're not a climber?

A:难道你是位登山者?

B: Yes. I do a bit. Mostly in this country. You know, Scotland, sometimes in Wales, that sort of thing.

B:是的,时不时的。大部分是在这个国家苏格兰,有时是在威尔士,就这类事情。

A: Well, that's a coincidence. You're quite right about the family. Until our oldest was born, I was a climbing fanatic. Went away most weekends…
 

A:嗯,真巧。你对于家庭的看法很正确。在我们的大儿子出生前,我还是个狂热的登山爱好者。大部分周末都会外出……