1. abnormal a. 不正常的> I’m normal, you’re ~ !
2. abolish v. 废除 > CET-Band 4 should be abolished ! A daydreamer
3. abrupt a. 突然的, 唐突的 > Your ~ manner embarrassed her!
4. absurd a. 荒唐的 >What an ~ idea!
5. accessory n. 附件, 零件 > Handbag, lipstick, etc. are women’s accessories. What are men’s ? Tie, lighter and a fine purse.
6. accommodate v. 提供膳宿> How can a small town ~ the Olympic Games?
7. addict v. 上瘾 >I’m ~ed to computer games. Please save me!
8. acquaint v. 使熟悉 > Are you ~ed with that MM?
9. adhere to v. 遵守 >Adhere to your own principle
10. adverse a. 不利的, 有害的 >Adverse circumstances can test a person’s wisdom and courage.
11. aggravate v. 加重 >Smoking ~s cold.
12. alleviate v. 减轻 >No one can ~ my pain.
13. alternate v./a 交替(的) >a day of ~ sunshine and rain /Day and night ~
14. ambiguous a. 歧义的 >The policeman is looking for a man with one eye. -----Why not use two? 何处?
15. amplify v. 扩大(声音)
16. analogy n. 类比 by analogy 17. anonymous a. 匿名的 I received an ~ letter.
18. applaud v. 鼓掌; 赞许> I ~ your suggestion.
19. apt a. 易于 >One is ~ to make mistakes if given too much pressure.
20. array n. 陈列, 一系列>the ~ of fruit and vegetables in the supermarket
21. arrogant a. 傲慢的> An ~ man is a self-important person.
22. ascend v. 上升 > The balloons are ~ing.
23. ascribe v. 归因于>He ~d his failure to his small vocabulary.
24. aspiration n. 抱负 Your ~ is your ambition or strong wish.
25. assault n. 攻击, 袭击>A robber ~ed him.
26. assert v. 断言 He ~ed that the thief would come again.
27. assurance n. 保证, 把握 >I give you my ~ that the product is safe and reliable.
28. attendant n. 服务员, 随从
29. authentic a. 真实的, 可靠的>Is Clinton’s biography ~?
30. avert v. 避开、转移 We ~ed a loss .
31. bald a. 秃顶的 A ~ man is considered to be intelligent.
32. barren a. 荒芜的,不能生育的>Without dream, life is a ~ field.
33. betray v. 背叛; 泄露 You ~ed me.
34. bewilder v. 使迷惑 The new traffic lights ~ the man.
35. bias n. 偏见 Bias is prejudice.
36. blaze v. 燃烧; 发强光 >The summer sun is blazing.
37. bleak a. 荒凉的; 凄凉的>a ~ future
38. blink v. 眨眼睛; 闪烁 >
39. blunder n. 大错
40. bluntly ad. 直言不讳地
41. blur v. 变模糊 >Fog blurred my vision.
42. bribe v. 行贿 >Who bribed the bride? Bridegroom.
43. browse v. 浏览 ~ a web-page
44. brutal a. 残酷的=cruel/savage/
45. capsule n. 密封仓, 胶囊
46. carve v. 刻
47. casualty n. 伤亡人员 Many casualties are reported in the battle.
48. cater to v. 迎合 > cater to the consumers
49. caution n. 小心
50. cherish v. 珍视; 怀有>~friendship/~ the hope that