首页 | VOA双语新闻 | 双语新闻 - 北约侦察机失踪利比亚称遭击落
北约侦察机失踪利比亚称遭击落 本站原创 更新时间: 2011-06-22         

NATO confirms that an unmanned helicopter drone was lost during a mission over Libya Tuesday, but denies claims that forces aligned with leader Moammar Gadhafi shot down an attack helicopter. The drone loss comes as the Alliance faces increasing pressures over the precision of its air attacks and alleged civilian deaths.

北约方面证实说,确实有一架无人驾驶的直升侦察机6月21日(星期二)在利比亚执行任务期间,不知去向。不过,对‘亲卡扎菲的武装力量将这架飞机击落’这种说法,北约方面予以否认。

NATO spokesman Mike Bracken denied the claim by the Gadhafi government that it had shot down an attack helicopter, but confirmed that an unmanned drone was lost on Tuesday.

利比亚政府表示,击落了北约一架攻击型直升机。对此,北约发言人布莱克恩表示否认,但是证实说,确有一架无人驾驶的侦察机星期二和总部失去了联络。

"At 0720 GMT, NATO received reports of an unmanned, autonomous helicopter drone, used by NATO forces, lost radar contact with the command center," Bracken announced. "This drone helicopter, unmanned, was performing intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance over Libya to monitor pro-Gadhafi forces threatening the civilian population."

布莱克恩说:“格林威治时间早上七点二十分的时候,北约方面接到报告说,一架隶属北约部队的无人驾驶自动侦察机与总部失去了雷达联系。这架无人驾驶的侦察机当时正在利比亚上空执行侦察、监测和情报搜集任务,目的是观察那些亲卡扎菲、对普通民众构成威胁的武装力量的动向。”

Libyan government TV showed footage of what appeared to be a downed helicopter, including part of a rotor blade. The TV claimed that a NATO Apache attack helicopter had been shot down near the town of Zlitan, 135 kilometers east of Tripoli.

利比亚政府通过电视,展示了看上去像是被击落了的一架直升飞机的录像,其中包括旋转叶片的一部分。利比亚电视台声称,一架北约方面的阿帕奇攻击型直升机在距离利比亚首都的黎波里以东135公里的兹利坦(Zlitan)地区,被从空中打下。

It was not the first time that Gadhafi's forces claimed to have downed an Apache helicopter. None of the previous five claims have proven to be true. The unmanned drone helicopter lost Tuesday is considerably smaller than an Apache.

卡扎菲政府此前已经不只一次公开表示成功击落了阿帕奇直升机,但是,此前5次的这些说法后来被证实都是利比亚政府编造的。另外,北约方面星期二承认说目前不知去向的无人驾驶侦察机,在外形上,要比阿帕奇直升战机小得多。

It was not immediately clear what brought down the drone, but Gadhafi's forces have been active in the coastal town of Zlitan, as rebels attempt to push westward from Dafniya.

目前还不清楚究竟是什么因素使得无人驾驶侦察机失踪,但是卡扎菲手下的武装力量在沿海城市兹利坦一直比较活跃。另一方面,反卡扎菲人士一直在设法从代夫尼耶向西部地区挺进。

The Libyan has claimed twice in recent days that NATO airstrikes hit civilian targets, including a compound owned by one of Gadhafi's loyalists. NATO spokesman Bracken said on Tuesday that the compound was a “command and control node,” with “17 satellite dishes on its roof.”

利比亚政府最近几天来曾经两度表示,北约的空袭击中了平民,其中包括一座由卡扎菲忠实“粉丝”拥有的营地。北约发言人布莱克恩星期二表示,那座营地实际上并不是什么简单的平民所在地。他说,那实际上是一个指挥和控制中心,屋顶上有多达17枚卫星电视接受器。

George Joffe, a North Africa expert at King’s College in London, says NATO allies are coming under increasing financial and political pressure to end the military operation in Libya quickly.

乔治·佐夫(George Joffe)是伦敦国王学院的北非问题专家。他认为,北约各个成员国,早日结束针对利比亚的军事行动,而面对的财政和政治的压力越来越大。

“Pressure is growing, certainly in the United States, after all the Obama administration now faces a possible censure in Congress, and in Europe there is growing anxiety about the resources available, particularly in Britain, where there has been complaints from the First Sea Lord, and also from the second in command of the Air Force, about the danger of overstretching very limited resources,” Joffe said.

佐夫说:“压力目前有增无减;在美国,这一点很 明显,奥巴马总统可能会因为这个,而受到国会方面的纠缠;在欧洲,尤其是在英国,人们对自己国家是否有条件、是否有资源去这样做,越来越感到焦虑。英国的一些军方高级官员也抱怨有限资源‘入不敷出’的危险。”

Still, Joffe does not believe that the loss of a drone helicopter will make much of a dent militarily.

不过,乔治·佐夫认为,即便是果真失去了一架无人驾驶的侦察机,那对北约在军事上的能力,损失也不是很大。

“The Gadhafi regime will boast about it and say that they can beat NATO forces. It will certainly make the Obama administration less willing to increase its commitments to the NATO operation, but beyond that… it may just be a question of writing off a loss,” Joffe said.

佐夫说:“卡扎菲政府会借此而炫耀一番,说他们如何如何打败北约了;这同时也会使得美国方面不愿加大对北约在利比亚的军事行动的承诺。但是从军事上、从总体上来说,无关大局。”

Britain, France, the United States and several other coalition partners began air operations over Libya in late March, under a United Nations Security Council resolution designed to protect Libyan civilians.

英国、法国、美国和其他一些盟国是三月底开始对利比亚展开空袭的。之前,联合国安理会通过一项议案,目的是要保护利比亚的平民。

The Libyan government maintains NATO attacks have instead killed several dozen civilians - allegations NATO says, save for isolated instances, are false.

利比亚政府说,北约的轰炸到目前为止,已经造成了好几十个平民的伤亡,但是北约方面表示,只有零星的误炸平民的事故,利比亚政府所说的,大多是编造出来的。