1. he is a(n) ____ and well-behaved child, but his parents worry about
him for he talks too little.
[a] obedient [b] transient
[c] conscious [d] passionate
2. he becomes more and more arrogant and his imperative accent
____ me completely.
[a] confuses [b] dispels
[c] compels [d] repels
3. these days i was always dreaming a(n) ____ dream in which i
was chased by a horrible demon.
[a] enthusiastic [b] fancy
[c] optimistic [d] fantastic
4. the villagers all signed a ____ asking for a hospital to be built.
[a] bill [b] vote
[c] petition [d] treaty
5. many traditional chinese believe that high forehead is ____ of
great mental power.
[a] objective [b] indicative
[c] directive [d] decisive
6. for years blair family ____ the hope of a trip abroad, and it was
not realized until recently when they came to china.
[a] nourished [b] nurtured
[c] prospered [d] maintained