1. i ____ from your speech on the phone that you are a foreigner, for
your english is so good.
[a] doubt [b] ensure
[c] wonder [d] presume
2. when it rains the ground becomes very ____ and makes it difficult
for people to walk on.
[a] messy [b] solid
[c] muddy [d] fragile
3. what a(n) ____ that i was in paris at the same time as you! but it
is a pity we didn’t see each other.
[a] chance [b] coincidence
[c] cooperation [d] incidence
4. the highest ____ of governments has been given to the problem
of heavy traffic.
[a] priority [b] privilege
[c] potential [d] premise
5. i can ____ believe that she is lazy at home -- she is very lazy at